Voice to Data [MTN, Vodacom, Cell C]
How to convert Voice Airtime to Data Airtime
[NB - This applies to all prepaid simcards, voice airtime and data bundles Remember data airtime is cheaper than voice airtime. Thus whenever you wish to use a simcard in your modem please ensure that the simcard is a data card. Alternatively, should you be using a voice simcard convert the required voice airtime to data. Voice simcards can thus be used for data too, a future that can come in very handy. Remember, unused data airtime does not carry over like voice airtime. Unused data airtime expires at the end of a cycle. It is possible to purchase data bundles to topup. Data bundles do not need to be converted to data. The onus is on the customer to make sure that their data bundle purchases are successful and that they comply with Network rules as same is very changing.]
A. Cell C:
Conversions are still not possible on 1 July 2010.
Purchase and load voice airtime onto simcard. Then dial 555 or 141 and follow the voice prompt for your voice airtime to be converted to data airtime. You will be request to provide the value in rands of the airtime to be converted. It can be any amount while Vodacom operates within certain categories.
1. Load Prepaid Airtime, values are as follow:
2. Press *111# and call.
3. Reply with option 2 (Bundle Purchases) and press OK
4. Reply with option 2 (Data Bundles) and press OK
5. Reply with option 1 (Broadband Standard) and press OK
6. Reply with option next to amount and press OK
7. Reply with option 1 to proceed and press OK
8. Reply with option 1 to agree and press OK
9. The last screen shot will show the data amount purchased and will confirm 30 day calendar period for data bundle.
Team: Southern Mobile
Subject to change. Terms & Conditions Apply.